Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let There Be Shower

Man, oh man! First the tub gets installed (leak free, as of today) and now we have a working shower! That's right! Today, with my mom's help, I took the test pipe out and put the real shower head in.
FYI: It's Price Pfister, from Home Depot Online 


Please excuse the "meh" pictures but Conan's still at work and let's just say, I'm no Conan when it comes to the snappy snap snaps.
Sorry.
I'm giddy at the possibility of taking a shower anywhere other than our basement!


Ugh! It's so handsome I can't stand it!

We're still working out the "antique handles and escutcheons are difficult to retrofit" issues so we're stuck with these bad boys for now


Here's a little excited/nervous video of us turning it on for the first time:


.

So excited!
I get to take a shower in a place that isn't here:


Uh-huh. That's right. We've been showering in a plastic pan meant to go under a washing machine for the better part of a year. It ain't pretty and I've avoided showing it until now because I'm so high on shower-having happiness that I don't care (and also, a dear reader named Jennifer wanted to see it). The realities of do-it-yourself.


But hey, it forces you to be pretty clever. Case in point: our dowel rod, telephone wire shower curtain up there. Word. Next up, the shower handles I suppose. Til' then, if you need me, I'll be in the shower singing Dancing Queen at the top of my lungs.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for showing me your dank shower of doom!

    When I first read this, I was just skimming through the pictures, and came to the one with the plastic handles, and thought "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Then I read the sentence over it, and a huge relief washed over me. For a second I thought you were mixing 19th century and 70's bathroom style. Not that that would be a bad idea, but that specific one? No, definitely no.

    Kudos on the leak-free shower & tub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You're welcome! And yeah, those handles are pretty...interesting. I'm fairly certain that everyone has lived in a house that had those handles somewhere in it at one point or another. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend we'll have the final ones up there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the fuel that keeps this blog going. Leave one! Heck, leave two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...