Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bathroom Inspiration

Before we started our bathroom remodel I had such grand ideas about everything. I mean, a marble countertop? Moving the sink to the opposite side of the room along with all of its plumbing? Who did I think I was kidding? Well, 9 months into this thing (that's 9 months of working on the weekends FYI) and needless to say, a few things have changed and with those practical decisions, came new inspiration. So, as I prepare to put the second coat of REAL PAINT! on the walls, I thought I would share some of the photos I've collected along the way that inspired me and the way the bathroom will eventually (soon) look.


Clockwise from top left:
There are a lot of things from this picture that I won't come close to re-creating but that doesn't mean I don't stare at it like, once or twice a day. That rug! And as God is my witness, I have no idea where it came from. It's like the good taste fairies dropped it on my desktop one day.
When we began this adventure I really thought white grout would look good. Pause for laughter. This picture changed my mind.
The one elusive thing I have yet to find for the bathroom is a mirror like the one in this picture. I'm going to go to a great antique store tomorrow and look. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the fuel that keeps this blog going. Leave one! Heck, leave two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...