Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just Wondering

I just posted this question over on my other blog but since it's going in the house I thought I would post here too. Here's the deal. We need a coat rack yesterday. Every year around this time I start looking for one and always come up empty handed. I want something that goes on the wall because it's going to be in a pretty narrow space but I don't want anything too "look at me" or "shabby chic". I'm really into those old accordian style racks lately and I just wondered if anyone reading might have an opinion. I sure would appreciate it!


A couple of examples of what I'm talking about








4 comments:

  1. These examples are cute. Not like you don't have enough to do already, but what about making one with cabinet pulls or old door knobs? Attached to a board or just to the wall. You could arrange them on the wall in the same positioning as the accordian rack. Barn at the Farm and Old Town Architectural Salvage have got to have tons of things that could be made into coat hooks. Thanks for two posts in one day! The tiling looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I just might try that! I've considered it before because they have a TON of pretty old door knobs at Architectural Salvage. And even though I have a lot to do around the house, I don't think that would take that long (famous last words!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look but the reality can be shoddy construction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Jennifer that's my main thing too. We had one when I was a kid and I remember it being pretty "wobbly". I'll keep looking I think!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the fuel that keeps this blog going. Leave one! Heck, leave two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...