Thursday, November 10, 2011

Let There Be (Bathroom) Light

Well, we've passed another milestone in the great bathroom remodel, folks.
We have light.
Well, we have a light fixture to be more precise.
I had pretty much decided that for the overhead fixture I wanted something simple and unfussy like this schoolhouse light from...wait for it...Schoolhouse Electric.


But, at a cool 145 bones just for the fixture (not including the shade for another $70) that was pretty much out of the question. So last Friday my mom and I stopped by our old friends at Architectural Salvage expecting a bust but much to my pleasant surprise I found this fantastic light that met all of my high standards at a very low price.
$52.13
Sold.


Thanks for holding it up so nicely mom!
As you can see it needs a little help from my new favorite pastime - chemical stripping.


But just give me a couple of days and it'll be as good as new!
It just needs a little TLC.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have some, you guessed it, chemical stripper on the door upstairs that needs to be taken off NOW! Up next? Work begins tomorrow (fingers crossed) on our clawfoot tub! Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Don't know about you, but I honestly like the old one more. And kudos for not doing recessed cans. I hate those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the old one has a little more character, a few more curves. And even though I don't necessarily hate recessed lights I just don't think they work in this house or this room.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the fuel that keeps this blog going. Leave one! Heck, leave two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...